Caldwell I-77 Building

Caldwell, Ohio 43724

Primary Contact

Gwynn Stewart

Description

This building has excellent interstate access, as it is located less than one mile from I-77 at the Caldwell exit and is 17 miles south of I-70. Access to air travel is also readily available and accessible.The Noble County Aiport has a 3,800 foot runway with a 400 foot over run.  Other airports around the area include Columbus; Akron-Canton Regional; Cleveland; Parkersburg and Charleston, WV; as well as Pittsburgh, PA.
The Ohio River provides the area with barge access 25 miles south via I-77 to the Marietta area with several intermodel ports. 

The building is equipped with 23 cranes ranging from .5 ton to 10 ton in capacity. About 60% of the building has floors 8" or thicker and the remaining 40% has floors a minimum of 6" thick.   

Formerly known as MAHLE, it is currently single tenant but could be converted to multi tenant use. The original part of building was built in 1951 with additions in 1972 and 1987. Current real estate taxes on the facility are 39,287, but would change based on sale transaction price. The Village of Caldwell provides water and sanitary sewer. There is also a waste water treatment facility on site. Electric is provided by AEP Ohio and gas service by Columbia Gas. 

The building has the following telecommunications service: 64 analog line ports, 2 attendance line ports, 176 digital line ports, 24 digital trunk ports, 8 analog trunk ports, 24 T1 trunk ports and 8 voice mail trunk ports. There is 33,000 sq. ft. of office space. Manufacturing space is 218,176 sq ft. with ceiling heights from 16-30 ft. (40% at 16 ft., 40% at 25 feet and 20% at 30 ft.). There is also 200,000 sq. ft. of paved parking.

Download a Fact Sheet

Property Details

Street Address: 17226 Industrial Highway


City: Caldwell


County: Noble County


Zip Code: 43724


Type of space: Industrial


Min Size: 233,601 ft²


Max Size: 233,601 ft²


Last Updated: 10/31/2019

Availability

For Sale:

Yes


Sale Price:

$850,000


Ownership:

private


For Lease:

Yes


Lease Type:

Triple Net


Property Description:

This building has excellent interstate access, as it is located less than one mile from I-77 at the Caldwell exit and is 20 miles south of I-70.  The building is equipped with 23 cranes ranging from .5 ton to 10 ton in capacity. About 60% of the building has floors 8" or thicker and the remaining 40% has floors a minimum of 6" thick.   Formerly known as MAHLE, it is currently single tenant but could be converted to multi tenant use. The original part of building was built in 1951 with additions in 1972 and 1987. Current real estate taxes on the facility are 39,287, but would change based on sale transaction price. The Village of Caldwell is offering new tenants to the building discounts on sanitary sewer service. Discount will be 50% of normal rate for the first year, 40% the second year, 30% the third year, 20% the fourth year, and 10% the fifth year. The building has the following telecommunications service: 64 analog line ports, 2 attendance line ports, 176 digital line ports, 24 digital trunk ports, 8 analog trunk ports, 24 T1 trunk ports and 8 voice mail trunk ports. 

Building Details

Multi Tenant Building:

Yes


Available sf:

233,601 sf


Year Built:

1951


Ceiling Height Max:

30 ft


Ceiling Height Min:

16 ft


Drive In Doors:

Yes


Cranes:

Yes


Floor Thickness:

6 inches


Floor Load Bearing Capacity:

Minimum of 6


Sprinkler:

Yes


Office sf:

33,000 sf


Parking:

Yes


Former Tenant:

MAHLE

Site Details

Parcel ID #(s):

28-21134.000


Industrial Park Name:

Industrial


Lot Size:

30 acres


Divisible:

Yes


Former Use:

The building was formerly used to manufacture bushings and bearings for automotive and other uses.


Zoning:

None/None Entered

Transportation

Nearest Highway:

SR 821


Distance to Nearest Highway:

0.30 miles


Highway 2:

SR 78


Distance to Highway 2:

0.10 miles


Nearest Interstate:

I-77


Distance to Nearest Interstate:

0.8 miles


Interstate 2:

I-70


Distance to Interstate 2:

20 miles


Nearest Airport:

Mid Ohio Valley


Distance to Nearest Airport:

30 miles


Airport 2:

Columbus International Airport


Distance to Airport 2:

80 miles


Distance to Port:

25 miles


Served by Public Transportation:

Yes


Transportation Description:

SE Area Transit 740-454-8573


Rail Provider(s):

Not Available

Utilities

Electric at Site:

yes


Electric Provider:

AEP Ohio


Gas at Site:

yes


Gas Provider:

Columbia Gas Company


Water at Site:

yes


Water Provider:

Village of Caldwell


Sewer at Site:

yes


Sewer Provider:

Village of Caldwell


Telecom:

Yes


Telecom Provider:

Frontier

Contact Information

Company: The Ohio State University CFAES Extension Noble County


Contact Name: Gwynn Stewart


Address: 46049 Marietta Rd. Ste. 2


City: Caldwell


State: Ohio


Phone: 7407325681


Website: noble.osu.edu

Regional ED Contact

Company: APEG


Contact Name: Donna Hrezo


Address: 35 Public Square


City: Nelsonville


State: Ohio


Cell: 740-381-0230


Website: www.apeg.com


Contact Information

Company: JobsOhio


Contact Name: Tyler Lash


Address: 41 S High St


City: Columbus


State: Ohio


Phone: 614.448.1016

MAP TOOLS:

Pinpoint
By Address
Map Styles
Export
Saved
Map
Contact
My Saved Results